abdominal abscess meaning
An abscess located in the abdominal cavity,i.e.,the cavity between the diaphragm above and the pelvis below. (From Dorland,27th ed)
- a pre-operative diagnosis of colonic diverticulitis complicated with intra-abdominal abscess was made and a laparotomy was done
- results : there was no occurrence of intestinal fistula, abdominal abscess, peritonitis as well as wound infection in 100 cases
- The first is development of an intra-abdominal abscess.
- The baby boy had developed an abdominal abscess that was drained over the weekend.
- The baby, a boy, developed an abdominal abscess that was drained over the weekend.