a shady deal meaning
- [American slang]
Fig. a questionable and possibly dishonest deal or transaction.
The lawyer got caught making a shady deal with a convicted felon.
- Laura decided she had just learned the hard way that a shady deal was profoundly better than outright burglary.
- The family gave control to the Brewery, in a shady deal to mobsters in the early prohibition years.
- The Greek Communist Party declined to participate in the election process considering it " a shady deal between the parties ."
- They lose their money to a shady deal and travel the wilderness together where Duff dies after an attack by a rabid jackal.
- Run Lola Run : Kinetic German film about two young lovers with very little time to make good after a shady deal goes awry.