a budding genius meaning
- [American slang]
a very bright and promising young person.
Harry is a budding genius, but he seems like a fairly normal teenager.
- That can happen when a budding genius has a doting mother and a father who abandons the family when the lad is 17.
- No one should assume that a silent 2-year-old is a budding genius; silence may be a sign of hearing loss or a neurological disorder.
- Precocious both in mind and spirit, Thomasina is a budding genius, equally capable of discerning her elders'darkest secrets or of spotting the flaws in Newton's model of an orderly universe.
- "The Killing " and " Paths of Glory " did not make money, but they did make Kubrick's reputation as a budding genius among critics and studio executives.
- You could say ( and some do ) that Sophie W . Downes, an award-winning young poet from New York's Long Island, is a budding genius whose literary gifts deserve worldwide acclaim.