Article: a u
- Indefinite article, "an" is used before a vowel sound, "a" otherwise
- The 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
- A metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
- angstrom, angstrom unit
- Any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
- vitamin A, antiophthalmic factor, axerophthol
- The blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
- type A, group A
- (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
- One of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- deoxyadenosine monophosphate
- The basic unit of electric current adopted under the Système International d'Unités
"a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps"
- ampere, amp
Derived forms: As
Type of: alphabetic character, base, blood group, blood type, current unit, fat-soluble vitamin, letter, letter of the alphabet, metric linear unit, nucleotide, purine
Part of: abamp, abampere, deoxyribonucleic acid, desoxyribonucleic acid, DNA, Latin alphabet, micromillimeter [US], micromillimetre [Brit, Cdn], millimicron, nanometer [US], nanometre [Brit, Cdn], nm, ribonucleic acid, RNA, Roman alphabet
Encyclopedia: A A, Vest-Agder A, You're Adorable A, Tranoy A, Norway A, Sweden A,a-trehalose phosphorylase A,b-unsaturated carbonyl compound A,a-phosphotrehalase A, a novel A, an A, Moskenes A, A Prime A, A novel A, A Novel A,N,N-TMT A, A' A, Lavangen A, Meldal A, Ibestad A, Afjord A, Andoy
Fig. very closely similar in appearance to someone else. (Typically: be ~; look like ~.)
You are sure a dead ringer for my brother.
Isn't he a ringer for Chuck?
1. Abbreviation of ATTO- (prefix).
2. Abbreviation of AREA.
3. Abbreviation of ACCELERATION.
4. Abbreviation of ANODE.
5. Obsolete abbreviation of cgs prefix AB-.
- she rose and took a tentative step backward.
- he asked a little about my life history.
- he forced a laugh to his shaking lips.
- bismarck ruled germany by a strong hand.
- the resulting radiation is known as airglow.