- Noun: Sahaptin
- A member of a North American Indian people who lived in Oregon along the Columbia river and its tributaries in Washington and northern Idaho
- Shahaptian, Sahaptino
- A Penutian language spoken by the Shahaptian
Derived forms: Sahaptins
Type of: Penutian
- He followed an easier route across the Sahaptins but without success.
- The Sahaptian grouping of Sahaptin and Nez Perc� has long been uncontroversial.
- The Miwokan and the Costanoan languages have been grouped into an Sahaptin ).
- The Sahaptin speaking peoples were using the area around what is now the Roba Ranch.
- During 1846, Tom Hill joined a small party of Sahaptins destined for New Helvetia.