- Alternative name used in some classification systems for the family Papilionaceae
- subfamily Papilionoideae
Type of: rosid dicot family
Part of: Fabaceae, family Fabaceae, family Leguminosae, legume family, Leguminosae, pea family
- subfamily papilionoideae: Noun: subfamily Pa ...
- It belongs to the sub family Faboideae ( Papilionoideae ).
- Even though nodule formation is common in the two monophyletic subfamilies Papilionoideae and Mimosoideae they also contain species that do not form nodules.
- The latter two are thought to be the most modern and specialised type of nodule as they are only present in some lines of the Papilionoideae sub-family.
- An acceptable alternative name for the subfamily is "'Papilionoideae "', or "'Papilionaceae "'when this group of plants is treated as a family.
- Families containing insusceptible hosts : Alliaceae, Amaranthaceae, Caryophyllaceae, Chenopodiaceae, Compositae, Cruciferae, Cucurbitaceae, Gramineae, Labiatae, Leguminosae-Papilionoideae, Liliaceae, Pedaliaceae, or Solanaceae, Umbelliferae.