ovis aries meaning
Noun: Ovis aries
- Any of various breeds raised for wool or edible meat or skin
- domestic sheep
Encyclopedia: Ovis aries
A species of sheep,Ovis aries,descended from Near Eastern wild forms,especially mouflon.
- Lamb and mutton are terms for the meat of domestic sheep ( species " Ovis aries " ) at different ages.
- A study on domestic sheep ( " Ovis aries " ) has provided clear experimental proof of self-medication via individual learning.
- In rare instances, though, fertile offspring from such unions can go on to create a hybrid species, like the domestic sheep " Ovis aries ".
- For example, when competition arises between two grazing sheep ( " Ovis aries " ), they have been observed to nuzzle each other's preorbital glands.
- Although the name " sheep " applies to many species in the genus " Ovis ", in everyday usage it generally refers to " Ovis aries ".