- Comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with a single cotyledon and parallel-veined leaves: includes grasses and lilies and palms and orchids; divided into four subclasses or superorders: Alismatidae; Arecidae; Commelinidae; and Liliidae
- Monocotyledones, class Monocotyledones, Monocotyledonae, class Monocotyledonae, class Liliopsida
Type of: class
- class liliopsida: Noun: class Liliop ...
- These systems usually placed Lilianae within subclass Liliidae of class Liliopsida.
- Therefore, in practice the name Liliopsida will almost surely refer to the usage as in the Cronquist system.
- However, Cronquist assumed a much smaller order and assigned the order to subclass Alismatidae, in class Liliopsida [ = monocotyledons ].
- The Cronquist system of 1981 also recognized this family and placed it in the order Commelinales in the subclass Commelinidae in class Liliopsida in division Magnoliophyta.
- The Cronquist system of 1981 also recognized this family and placed it in the order Restionales, in the subclass Commelinidae in class Liliopsida in division Magnoliophyta.