- genus isoetes: Noun: genus Isoete ...
- It is a tetraploid and is grouped in the " Isoetes engelmannii " complex.
- Waters of the lake host rare species, some of them even extinct like Isoetes lacustris.
- Its leaves were wider and more succulent than modern spacies of " Isoetes ".
- Fossilised specimens of " Isoetes beestonii " have been found in rocks dating to the latest Permian.
- Furthermore, it world s endangered species listed in IUCN Red List such as Isoetes sinensis Palmer inhabit in Dongbaekdongsan wetland.