heart failure meaning
Noun: heart failure haa(r)t 'feylyu(r)
- Inability of the heart to pump enough blood to sustain normal bodily functions
- coronary failure
Derived forms: heart failures
Type of: cardiopathy, failure, heart disease
Encyclopedia: Heart failure, congestive Heart failure
1 : a condition in which the heart is unable to pump blood at an adequate rate or in adequate volume —compare ANGINA PECTORIS, CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE, CORONARY FAILURE, MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
2 : cessation of heartbeat : DEATH
- congestive heart failure: Noun: congestive h ...
- failure: Noun: failure  ...
- at heart: Adverb: at heartIn ...
- sohlberg was about to drop from heart failure.
- often exaggerated responses of these types can be seen in various kind of heart failure.
- successive bouts of heart failure are apt to become more refractory to treatment.
- one thing andrew was sure of: an autopsy would show there had been no heart failure.
- heart failure is said to occur when the heart is unable to pump blood at a rate sufficient to meet requirement of the tissues.