- The speed at which light travels in a vacuum; the constancy and universality of the speed of light is recognized by defining it to be exactly 299,792,458 meters per second
- speed of light, light speed
- The 3rd letter of the Roman alphabet
- A degree on the centigrade scale of temperature
- degree centigrade, degree Celsius
- Street names for cocaine
- coke, blow, nose candy, snow
- (music) the keynote of the scale of C major
- A unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second
- coulomb, ampere-second
- A vitamin found in fresh fruits (especially citrus fruits) and vegetables; prevents scurvy
- vitamin C, ascorbic acid
- One of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- deoxycytidine monophosphate
- Ten 10s
- hundred, 100, century, one C
- A base found in DNA and RNA and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with guanine
- An abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds
- carbon, atomic number 6
- A general-purpose programing language closely associated with the UNIX operating system
- Temperature measurement on the Celsius scale (where water freezes at zero degrees and boils at 100 degrees; unit divisions are equal to the kelvin, with zero kelvin being -273.15 C)
- centigrade, Celsius
Derived forms: Cs, cs
See also: cardinal
Type of: alphabetic character, antioxidant, base, charge unit, chemical element, cocain, cocaine, constant, degree, element, keynote, large integer, letter, letter of the alphabet, nucleotide, programing language [US], programming language, pyrimidine, quantity unit, speed, tonic, velocity, water-soluble vitamin
Part of: abcoulomb, ampere-minute, black gold, coal, crude, crude oil, deoxyribonucleic acid, desoxyribonucleic acid, DNA, fossil oil, Latin alphabet, limestone, oil, petroleum, ribonucleic acid, RNA, rock oil, Roman alphabet
centigrade; clock; compromise band; coverage factor; creeping line pattern
1. Abbreviation of CAPACITANCE.
2. Symbol for COLLECTOR of a transistor.
3. Symbol for CARBON.
4. Abbreviation of CELSIUS.
5. Symbol for COULOMB.
6. Abbreviation of CALORIE.
Fifth letter of a Nasdaq stock descriptor specifying that issue is exempt from Nasdaq listing requirements for a temporary period.
- vitamin c is destroyed when overheated.
- it contains vitamin a and vitamin c.
- c is the set of contracted ideas in a.
- the thermometer registered 32 c.
- c is a positive constant, the spring constant.