browning automatic rifle meaning
Noun: Browning automatic rifle
- A portable .30 calibre automatic rifle operated by gas pressure and fed by cartridges from a magazine; used by United States troops in World War I and in World War II and in the Korean War
Derived forms: Browning automatic rifles
- Wilson, who carried the Browning automatic rifle, was hit.
- His favored weapon was the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle ( called a BAR ).
- He owns a Browning Automatic Rifle.
- At Thiacourt, the U . S . Army troops began using Springfield and Browning Automatic Rifles.
- The posse needed Browning Automatic Rifles, and there were eight stored in Texas'National Guard Armory.