measure in Chinese
[ 'meʒə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "measure"Synonyms of "measure""measure" in a sentence"measure" meaning
past tense: measured past participle: measured plural: measures present participle: measuring
- The crisis warrants special measures .
- Now i 'm coming to the concrete measures .
- The contact resistance is difficult to measure .
- It can take stringent austerity measures .
- Here are linear measures in millimeters .
- A hank of cotton yarn measures 840 yards .
- You must measure the length by rule and line ...
- It can not be measured in terms of money .
- The measure of his degradation was not yet full .
- Solid's flow can be measured by weigh dump .
- how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
Synonyms: quantity, amount,
- any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
- the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule; "the measurements were carefully done"; "his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate"
Synonyms: measurement, measuring, mensuration,
- a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
- measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements
Synonyms: measuring stick, measuring rod,
- a statute in draft before it becomes law; "they held a public hearing on the bill"
- musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
Synonyms: meter, metre, beat, cadence,
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "the schools comply with federal standards"; "they set the measure for all subsequent work"
Synonyms: standard, criterion, touchstone, Verb
- express as a number or measure or quantity; "Can you quantify your results?"
- determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of; "Measure the length of the wall"
Synonyms: mensurate, measure out,
- evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
Synonyms: evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value,
- have certain dimensions; "This table surfaces measures 20inches by 36 inches"
"measuring" in Chinese, "measured" in Chinese, "long measure" in Chinese, "measuring chain" in Chinese, "surveyors measure" in Chinese, "strike measure" in Chinese, "cloth measure" in Chinese, "binary measure" in Chinese, "circular measure" in Chinese, "measurage" in Chinese, "measurand" in Chinese, "measurand transmitter" in Chinese, "measurandmensurability" in Chinese, "measuration" in Chinese, "measure against" in Chinese, "measure against erosion" in Chinese, "measure algebra" in Chinese, "measure alike" in Chinese,