maintain in Chinese
[ men'tein ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "maintain"Synonyms of "maintain""maintain" in a sentence"maintain" meaning
- The visiting team maintained a powerful offensive ...
- This school is maintained by a charity .
- Each city and province maintains its own camp .
- These cultures can be maintained indefinitely .
- Policemen maintain order in the streets .
- She tried to maintain a businesslike look .
- The depth of the river is maintained by dredging .
- Whate'er betide , maintain your courage .
- The beds maintain their identities .
- She maintains two sons at university .
- stick to correctly or closely; "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees"
Synonyms: observe, keep,
- support against an opponent; "The appellate court upheld the verdict"
- state categorically
Synonyms: assert, asseverate,
- state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"
- maintain by writing regular records; "keep a diary"; "maintain a record"; "keep notes"
- supply with necessities and support; "She alone sustained her family"; "The money will sustain our good cause"; "There''s little to earn and many to keep"
Synonyms: sustain, keep,
- maintain for use and service; "I keep a car in the countryside"; "She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips"
- have and exercise; "wield power and authority"
Synonyms: wield, exert,
- keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction; "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
Synonyms: conserve, preserve, keep up,
- keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"; "hold in place"; "She always held herself as a lady"; "The students keep me on my toes"
Synonyms: keep, hold,
- "maintain" meaning: Verb: maintain meyn'teyn Keep in a cer...
- "maintain" meaning in Japanese: maintain v. 固守する, 主張する; 維持する, 整備する. 【副詞１】 ◆He has always m...
- "maintain" meaning in Korean: vt, 유지하다, 지속하다, 계속하다, 부양하다, (한 집안을) 지탱하다, 간수하다, 건사하다, 주장하다...
- "maintain" meaning in Russian: 1) поддерживать, сохранять Ex: to maintain contact поддерж...
- "maintain" meaning in Arabic: v. حافظ, صان, أنفق على, بقي على, اعتصم
- "maintain" meaning in French: v. maintenir; continuer; préserver; conserver; entreteni...
"mainsum" in Chinese, "mainsupply" in Chinese, "maint index" in Chinese, "maint maintenance" in Chinese, "maintail-piece of sperm" in Chinese, "maintain a balanced diet" in Chinese, "maintain a connection" in Chinese, "maintain a dynamic equilibrium" in Chinese, "maintain a facade of wealth" in Chinese,