aback meaning in Chinese
向后；【航海】逆帆。 Be taken aback 1. (突遇逆风)成逆帆。2.吓了一跳 (He was taken aback by the news. 他被这消息吓了一跳)。
- be taken aback be taken aback: 被...吓住了
- be taken aback: 被...吓住了; 吃惊; 大为震惊; ...
- heave aback: 顶风浪停船
- More: Next
- I was quite taken aback by the news .
- He was taken aback by the news .
- He was taken aback , but he managed to remain calm .
- F. j. was taken aback as i described my confrontation with hollis .
- As soon as he finished , his supporters applauded vigorously , but most of the masses were taken aback and exchanged doubtful glances .