失言 meaning in English
- make an indiscreet remark; put one's foot in one's mouth; a slip of the tongue [lip]: 酒后失言 make an indiscreet remark under the influence of alcohol; 我知道他讲话的原意不是那样, 仅仅是失言罢了。 i know he didn't mean to say that. it was only a slip of +More...
- He stopped, realizing that he was blundering .
- We all lose patience with tom because he broke his word .
- I know he did n't mean to say that. it was only a slip of the tongue .
- The duke, though a courtier, coloured slightly on hearing this, and the queen, was instantly sensible of her error .
- Better the foot slip than the tongue trip