performance shares meaning
Shares of stock given to managers on the basis of performance as measured by earnings per share and similar criteria. A control device shareholders sometimes use to tie management to the self-interest of shareholders.
More: Prev Next
- In 2000, for example, the performance shares it handed out in 1998 were worthless because the company did not hit those targets.
- Amelio earned 130, 960 " performance shares " in fiscal year 1996, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- OCB and contextual performance share their defining attributes as they both consist of behaviors other than those needed to perform the routine functions of the job.
- The performances shares an affinity with the activities and cosmological work of shamans, the complex symbolism of alchemy, and a knowledge of prehistoric art.
- Chubb also uses " performance shares, " which can typically be redeemed only after three years and only if the company clears specific hurdles.