- Adjective: monitorial `móni'toreeul
- Of or pertaining to a monitor or monitors
More: Prev Next
- He became greatly influenced by the ideas of Joseph Lancaster, who invented the monitorial system that bears his name.
- This is a Monitorial System where the teacher teaches the more advanced students who then in turn teach the less advanced.
- Girard's application of the monitorial system was opposed by the bishop and the civil authorities of Fribourg in 1823.
- "' New York High School "'was the first monitorial system high school in the United States.
- In 1798, he founded a free elementary school in Borough Road, Southwark, using a variant of the monitorial system.