- Noun: facies 'feyshee`eez
- (biology) the general aspect or habit of a species, or group of species, esp. with reference to its adaptation to its environment
- (medicine) facial appearance typical of a particular disease
- (geology) characteristics of a rock deposit
The appearance of the face that is often characteristic of a disease or pathological condition,as the elfin facies of WILLIAMS SYNDROME or the mongoloid facies of DOWN SYNDROME. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary,2d ed) n
1 : an appearance and expression of the face characteristic of a particular condition esp. when abnormal peptic ulcer facies adenoid facies
2 : an anatomical surface
- More: Prev Next
- the facies of a modern beach is probably seldom preserved in the geological record.
- the accumulation of oil is governed by lateral changes from permeable to impermeable facies.
- seismic stratigraphy is the study of stratigraphy and depositional facies as interpreted from seismic data.
- characterization of sedimentology in fluvial facies reservoir
- methodology for sedimentary facies discription . nonmarine facies