express elevator in a sentence
- For 50 cents, visitors could ascend by express elevator to the 54th floor and board a shuttle elevator worthy of a Jules Verne fantasy _ encased in a cylindrical glass shaft and encircled by a spiral stairway _ which pierced the gloomy space inside the pyramidal summit.
- Kohn, whose firm is currently designing what would be the world's tallest building, the Shanghai World Financial Center, said buildings can be made safer by adopting lessons from overseas design such as better fireproofing, express elevators for firefighters and better avenues of escape.
- Supertall skyscrapers can often have one or more of what is known as a sky lobby, an intermediate floor where people can change from an express elevator that stops only at the sky lobby to a local elevator which stops at every floor within a segment of the building.
- To deal with the elevator shortage, the city has made a freight elevator available to the general public-- although it, too, only works sporadically-- and has assigned an employee to stand on the first floor and direct people to the proper local or express elevators for their floor.
- The time was 8 : 47 a . m . With five other men _ Shivam Iyer, John Paczkowski, George Phoenix, Colin Richardson and another man whose identity could not be learned _ Demczur ( pronounced DEM-sir ) boarded Car 69-A, an express elevator that stopped on floors 67 through 74.
- It's difficult to find express elevator in a sentence.