The land of the elves or fairies
More: Prev Next
- The queen instructs Thomas not to speak to others in Elfland, and leave her to do all the talking.
- Seeing that she is unhappy, the King of Elfland uses a powerful magic to engulf the land of Erl.
- The name " Queen of Elfland " is mentioned for her only in a later ballad ( version A ).
- Some 19th-century archaeologists thought they had found underground rooms in the Orkney islands resembling the Elfland in Childe Rowland.
- In Norse mythology, Elfland ( Alfheim ) was also the name of what today is the Swedish province of Bohusl�n.