drag away meaning
- drag sb away informal to make someone stop doing something, when they are so interested in doing it that they do not want to stop:
▪ Donny loves watching the animals at the zoo - we have to drag him away when it's time to leave.
nothing can drag sb away from sth
▪ On Sunday afternoons, nothing can drag Jim away from sports programmes on TV.
■ SIMILAR TO: tear away
More: Prev Next
- The police drag away Lee and torture him.
- The cabinet containing this mixture of equipment was apparently too big for thieves to drag away.
- She is with a young clergyman, Mr . Morton, whom Mrs . Bowen drags away.
- However, they were unable to drag away the guns because the horse teams had been killed.
- While the campers search for Steve, Pumpkinhead drags away Maggie, and Harley experiences her murder.