composite board meaning
A type of hardboard, esp. one fabricated for use in heat insulation.
- More: Prev Next
- Due to laminate flooring being a printed strip of vinyl over a composite board many textures and styles of flooring can be replicated.
- Until the late 1940s, diving boards were all made of wood, which had almost no flexibility compared with today's composite boards.
- Xanita, a South African company, mixes 30 % bagasse cellulose fibres in with recycled kraft paper fibre to make ultra lightweight composite boards.
- Manufacturers of capped composite boards will often leave one side uncapped to prevent the material from expanding and mushrooming out of the corners of the boards.
- Environmentalists say there are alternatives to old-growth redwoods : certified redwood or other woods, recycled redwood or composite boards of recycled wood and plastic.