commissary general meaning
The head of the department for supplying provisions, etc to an army
More: Prev Next
- Commissaries General, Commissaries General of Ordnance, and Chiefs of Ordnance listed below:
- He was named to the lucrative post of commissary general of the papal army.
- He was Commissary General of the New York State Militia from 1842 to 1847.
- There he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and appointed an assistant commissary general of subsistence.
- On April 30, 1898, he was promoted to colonel and assistant commissary general.