n : a polypeptide alkaloid C32H40BrN5O5 that is a derivative of ergot and mimics the activity of dopamine in selectively inhibiting prolactin secretion
More: Prev Next
- Patients with prolactinoma treated with bromocriptine or cabergoline may also take oral contraceptives.
- These include doxorubicin, ergotamine preparations, lithium, methotrexate, cyclosporin and bromocriptine.
- Goepel and Pahnke and other authors recommend performing surgeries only with concomitant bromocriptine treatment.
- Widely known for nearly 20 years, bromocriptine is used in treating Parkinson's disease.
- Dietary protein restriction and the use of selegiline hydrochloride and bromocriptine may also temporarily improve motor fluctuations.