- /-ajˈik/ adjective
(Gr pelagos sea) found in the depths of the sea, down to 4000m below sea level
More: Prev Next
- He was the first to demonstrate that bathypelagic lifeforms rather than bottom-dwelling organisms.
- Their regular habitat is mesopelagic to bathypelagic.
- It and the mesopelagic and bathypelagic zones at a depth of, but usually occurs below.
- Still deeper down the water column, below 1000 metres, are found the bathypelagic fishes.
- As they mature, the young begin their gradual descent to the mesopelagic and eventually bathypelagic zones.