aorists in a sentence
- In Udi, the aorist is an imperfective aspect that is usually a past tense, but can also replace the present tense.
- This is precisely what happens in Georgian, in the restricted environment of the second or third conjugation verbs in the aorist series.
- PIE verbs had no tense, but could occur in three distinct " aspects " : the present, aorist and perfect aspect.
- Ancient Greek has words that are formally similar to the Sanskrit injunctive mood, consisting of aorist and imperfect forms lacking the augment.
- :Basically, " narrative aorist " means just those uses of the aorist where it corresponds to an English simple past tense.
- It's difficult to find aorists in a sentence.