- Noun: aorist eyurist
- A verb tense in some languages (classical Greek and Sanskrit) expressing action (especially past action) without indicating its completion or continuation
Derived forms: aorists
See also: aoristic
Type of: tense
- gnomic aorist: noun (grammar)&nb ...
- More: Prev Next
- In the Arabic, aorist aspect is the logical consequence of past tense.
- Other Indo-European languages lost the aorist entirely.
- There are aorist infinitives and imperatives that do not imply temporality at all.
- An example of differences between the two classes is the aorist-marker.
- In the aorist series, intransitive verbs behave differently.