anharmonic oscillator meaning
An oscillating device in which the force toward the balance point is not linear, with respect to displacement.
More: Prev Next
- A distinguishing feature of superconducting quantum circuits is the usage of a Josephson junction-an electrical element non existent in anharmonic oscillators.
- As a result of the nonlinearity of anharmonic oscillators, the vibration frequency can change, depending upon the system's displacement.
- There are many systems throughout the physical world that can be modeled as anharmonic oscillators in addition to the nonlinear mass-spring system.
- For example, equipartition of kT / 2 does not pertain to an anharmonic oscillator that contributes quadratic and higher-order terms to the energy, right?
- Those authors had observed long-time nearly recurrent behavior of a one-dimensional chain of anharmonic oscillators, in contrast to the rapid thermalization that had been expected.