凉 in a sentence
- "he mustn't catch cold," the doctor has declared, and he had gone and caught it .
- She just stood there with an ingot in her hand--it felt hard, cold and heavy .
- Also he felt strangely cold-the spell of this strange beauty overwhelming him with a kind of chill .
- Dr macphail felt his heart sink when he considered the efficiency with which she certainly managed it .
- The water is warm, for it has slipped twinkling over the yellow sands in the sunlight before reaching the narrow pool .
- Frank, you can't keep going all morning on a dish of cold cereal! let me cook you some oatmeal .
- "hollo, son," said gant, casually entering the room; his heart shriveled as he saw the boy .
- When philip thought that he must spend over four years more with that dreary set of fellows his heart sank .
- A heavy shower rustled and rattled and veiled in the little house wherein he sat, indifferent, thinking .
- Early next morning, to enjoy the cool of the day, skelton, with his pipe and a book, was sitting on the veranda outside his room .
- We three girls sat around the cistern, cool to our bare feet, but my mind was on the couple in the house .
- He forgot the whole damned business of living with the evening wind on his forehead, and the encircling trees soothing his eyes .
- She approached and kneeling on the bank would have slaked her thirst in the cool stream, but the rustics forbade her .
- Two skinny men shouldered each other aside for the honour of bringing up the stool and placing it in the shade by the wall .
- Temperate seasons are opposite above and below the equator; when it is summer weather above, it is cold weather below, and vice-versa .