lose in Chinese
[ lu:z ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "lose"Synonyms of "lose"Use "lose" in a sentence
past tense: lost past participle: lost plural: loses present participle: losing
- The fibers lose strength and become brittle .
- Do n't lose your temper over such a trifle ..
- They looked everywhere for the lost child .
- When two tigers fight , one is sure to lose ...
- I always lose at cards , with my bad luck .
- His misconduct let in a lost of troubles .
- Sure enough, tremaine lost his job .
- I got into a real flap when i lost my keys .
- Reckless driving may lose you even your life .
- His slowness lost him the chance .
- be set at a disadvantage; "This author really suffers in translation"
- fail to win; "We lost the battle but we won the war"
Synonyms: fall back, drop off, fall behind, recede,
- place (something) where one cannot find it again; "I misplaced my eyeglasses"
Synonyms: misplace, mislay,
- suffer the loss of a person through death or removal; "She lost her husband in the war"; "The couple that wanted to adopt the child lost her when the biological parents claimed her"
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
- allow to go out of sight; "The detective lost the man he was shadowing after he had to stop at a red light"
- miss from one''s possessions; lose sight of; "I''ve lost my glasses again!"
- fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense; "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"
- fail to get or obtain; "I lost the opportunity to spend a year abroad"
- fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit; "I lost thousands of dollars on that bad investment!"; "The company turned a loss after the first year"
Synonyms: turn a loss,
"losing" in Chinese, "lost" in Chinese, "lost cause" in Chinese, "lost tribes" in Chinese, "lost souls" in Chinese, "lost generation" in Chinese, "lost motion" in Chinese, "lost river" in Chinese, "losing hazard" in Chinese, "losciale" in Chinese, "loscialpo" in Chinese, "losco" in Chinese, "losdorfer" in Chinese, "losdorings" in Chinese, "lose a bet" in Chinese, "lose a bid" in Chinese, "lose a fly to catch a trout" in Chinese, "lose a game" in Chinese,