limit in Chinese
[ 'limit ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "limit"Synonyms of "limit""limit" in a sentence"limit" meaning
past tense: limited past participle: limited plural: limits present participle: limiting
- What is the speed limit on the motorway ?
- He was had up for exceeding the speed limit .
- Light sets the speed limit for nature .
- Evidence of the adverse effect is limited .
- The enemy had stretched himself to the limit .
- Speeches were limited to 15 minutes each .
- They possess a rather limited intelligence .
- The speed limit is 40 miles per hour .
- Does that limit the growth of prostitution ?
- There's just a limit what a man can take .
- the greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
Synonyms: bound, boundary,
- the boundary of a specific area
Synonyms: demarcation, demarcation line,
- as far as something can go
- the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed; "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
- the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity
Synonyms: limit point, point of accumulation,
- final or latest limiting point
Synonyms: terminus ad quem, terminal point, Verb
- place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
Synonyms: restrict, restrain, trammel, bound, confine, throttle,
- restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
Synonyms: circumscribe, confine,
- decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
Synonyms: specify, set, determine, define, fix,
"liminoid event" in Chinese, "liminology" in Chinese, "liminometer" in Chinese, "liminzhen" in Chinese, "limipecten" in Chinese, "limit (mathematics)" in Chinese, "limit (or restrained) packing ring" in Chinese, "limit acceleration factor" in Chinese, "limit actting distance of worker working" in Chinese,