level in Chinese
[ 'lev(ə)l ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "level"Synonyms of "level""level" in a sentence"level" meaning
past tense: leveled past participle: leveled plural: levels present participle: leveling
- Interest rates are running at record levels .
- Are you sure this deal is on the level ?
- The lower level is subordinate to the higher level .
- Marks at the lower end need to be leveled up .
- Prediction is required on two levels .
- The instrument must be carefully leveled .
- The trough is the lowest level of the cycle .
- This level is approached asymptotically .
- The water has been on the same level with the banks .
- The budgerigars are about on her level .
- of the score in a contest; "the score is tied"
Synonyms: tied, even,
- having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
Synonyms: flat, plane,
- oriented at right angles to the plumb; "the picture is level"
- being on a precise horizontal plane; "a billiard table must be level"
- not showing abrupt variations; "spoke in a level voice"; "she gave him a level look"- Louis Auchincloss
Synonyms: unwavering, Verb
- become level or even; "The ground levelled off"
Synonyms: level off,
- talk frankly with; lay it on the line; "I have to level with you"
- direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
Synonyms: charge, point,
- aim at; "level criticism or charges at somebody"
- make level or straight; "level the ground"
Synonyms: flush, even out, even,
- tear down so as to make flat with the ground; "The building was levelled"
Synonyms: raze, rase, dismantle, tear down, take down, pull down, Noun
- a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale; "what level is the office on?"
Synonyms: floor, storey, story,
- a flat surface at right angles to a plumb line; "park the car on the level"
Synonyms: horizontal surface,
- indicator that establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid
Synonyms: spirit level,
- a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
Synonyms: degree, grade,
- height above ground; "the water reached ankle level"; "the pictures were at the same level"
- an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
Synonyms: layer, stratum,
- a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
Synonyms: degree, stage, point,
- a relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
Synonyms: grade, tier,