kettle in Chinese
[ 'ketl ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "kettle"Use "kettle" in a sentence
- The boiling water bubbled furiously in the kettle ...
- The water in the kettle had all boiled away .
- The lard was tried in a big kettle .
- The pot calls the kettle black .
- Mary : hurry up , john ! the kettle is boiling !
- Steam is rising from the kettle .
- Keep the kettle at the boil .
- The crew could not find any stones to support their kettle .
- Hard water furs the kettle .
- Have you ever heard that useful proverb? the pot and the kettle ?
- a metal pot for stewing or boiling; usually has a lid
- a large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it
Synonyms: kettledrum, tympanum, tympani, timpani,
- (geology) a hollow (typically filled by a lake) that results from the melting of a mass of ice trapped in glacial deposits
Synonyms: kettle hole,
- the quantity a kettle will hold