jump in Chinese
[ dʒʌmp ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "jump"Synonyms of "jump""jump" in a sentence"jump" meaning
past tense: jumped past participle: jumped plural: jumps present participle: jumping
- Look , no. 5 jumps and is heading it .
- Goldie epstein jumped up and down .
- Why does he always jump down your throat ?
- Her heart jumped when she heard the news .
- They jumped ravines, they slid down cliffs .
- She holds the world record for the long jump .
- He is too smart not to jump at the chance .
- Two thoughts had jumped into her mind .
- Chiuyuan jumped into a river to commit suicide .
- He jumped three inches clear of the bar .
- the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground; "he advanced in a series of jumps"; "the jumping was unexpected"
- descent with a parachute; "he had done a lot of parachuting in the army"
- a sudden involuntary movement; "he awoke with a start"
Synonyms: startle, start,
- (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another
- an abrupt transition; "a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
Synonyms: leap, saltation,
- a sudden and decisive increase; "a jump in attendance"
Synonyms: leap, Verb
- go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
- rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
Synonyms: rise, climb up,
- increase suddenly and significantly; "Prices jumped overnight"
- pass abruptly from one state or topic to another; "leap into fame"; "jump to a conclusion"; "jump from one thing to another"
- bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Synonyms: pass over, skip, skip over,
- enter eagerly into; "He jumped into the game"
- make a sudden physical attack on; "The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
- start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car''s battery
Synonyms: jumpstart, jump-start,
- move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
Synonyms: startle, start,
- move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
Synonyms: leap, bound, spring,
- cause to jump or leap; "the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
- jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
Synonyms: chute, parachute,
- run off or leave the rails; "the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks"
- jump down from an elevated point; "the parachutist didn''t want to jump"; "every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"; "the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
Synonyms: leap, jump off,
- be highly noticeable
Synonyms: leap out, jump out, stand out, stick out,
"jumping" in Chinese, "jumping pole" in Chinese, "pole jumping" in Chinese, "jump cuts" in Chinese, "jumping jack" in Chinese, "jump wire" in Chinese, "jump cut" in Chinese, "jumping sheet" in Chinese, "jump hook" in Chinese, "jumout the window" in Chinese, "jumover" in Chinese, "jumover the chair" in Chinese, "jumover the stream" in Chinese, "jumovercall" in Chinese, "jump a claim" in Chinese, "jump a leg" in Chinese, "jump a train" in Chinese, "jump address" in Chinese,