iron in Chinese
[ 'aiən ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "iron"Synonyms of "iron""iron" in a sentence"iron" meaning
past tense: ironed past participle: ironed plural: irons present participle: ironing
- His shirts have been freshly washed and ironed .
- It is made part of iron and part of wood
- A iron bar is solid , a pipe is hollow .
- He began to heat, like iron in the forge .
- It took three men to put the irons on him .
- We may normally think of iron as a solid .
- The vanes are made of structural angle iron .
- The iron gate was pulled to with a clang .
- He will rule them with an iron scepter .
- He ruled his brothers with a rod of iron .
- extremely robust; "an iron constitution"
Synonyms: cast-iron, Verb
- press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
Synonyms: iron out, press, Noun
- home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
Synonyms: smoothing iron,
- a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
- implement used to brand live stock
Synonyms: branding iron,
- a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
Synonyms: Fe, atomic number 26,