index in Chinese
[ 'indeks ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "index"Synonyms of "index""index" in a sentence"index" meaning
past tense: indexed past participle: indexed plural: indices present participle: indexing
- Index all the quoted names in a book .
- The radius represents the advancement index .
- Files were located by using the card indexes .
- In this equation k is the consistency index .
- Paraffins have high diesel indices .
- You cannot look into the index but you will find the word .
- Style is an index of the mind .
- Shrinkage level could be used as an index of agitation .
- The function n(x, y)is known as the refractive index profile .
- Card indexes in a library are beneficial to readers .
- the finger next to the thumb
Synonyms: index finger, forefinger,
- an alphabetical listing of names and topics along with page numbers where they are discussed
- a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts; can reveal relative changes as a function of time
Synonyms: index number, indicant, indicator,
- a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
Synonyms: exponent, power,
- a numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number
- adjust through indexation; "The government indexes wages and prices"
- provide with an index; "index the book"
- list in an index