image in Chinese
[ 'imidʒ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "image"Synonyms of "image""image" in a sentence"image" meaning
past tense: imaged past participle: imaged plural: images present participle: imaging
- Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen .
- Our image of invincibility evaporated .
- That is a poem full of precious images .
- Whose image sanctifies the gambling ?
- He is the image of mallrice .
- They knelt before the image of the buddha .
- You are the express image of your father .
- It is an image of the condition of men .
- The girl is the living image of her mother ...
- The photograph showed a distinct image .
- a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture); "the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln"; "the emperor''s tomb had his image carved in stone"
Synonyms: effigy, simulacrum,
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
Synonyms: picture, icon, ikon,
- the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public; "although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry"; "the company tried to project an altruistic image"
- (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world; "a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- an iconic mental representation; "her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
Synonyms: mental image,
- a standard or typical example; "he is the prototype of good breeding"; "he provided America with an image of the good father"
Synonyms: prototype, paradigm, epitome,
- language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
Synonyms: trope, figure of speech, figure,
- (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined; "the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
Synonyms: range, range of a function,
- someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich''s double"; "she''s the very image of her mother"
Synonyms: double, look-alike, Verb
- imagine; conceive of; see in one''s mind; "I can''t see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
Synonyms: visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture,
- render visible, as by means of MRI