rabbits and hares in a sentence
- In addition to cats, the word was also used for rabbits and hares as well as a humorous name for tigers.
- Though the bobcat prefers rabbits and hares, it will hunt anything from insects and small rodents to deer and pronghorn antelope.
- In total, 906 specimens, representing 17 different taxa, were found including lagomorphs ( rabbits and hares ) and rodents.
- Elsewhere on the estate, bird life includes little owls, kingfishers, kestrels, water voles, rabbits and hares are common.
- It is therefore not surprising that rabbits and hares should become fertility symbols, or that their springtime mating antics should enter into Easter folklore.
- While some scientists have linked them to primates, others have insisted that they are related to lagomorphs, the group that includes rabbits and hares.
- Though they both have long ears and fluffy tails, true rabbits and hares belong to completely different genera, and their life histories are dissimilar.
- The modern Basset Hound was bred to hunt rabbits and hare in France, a country known for its development of many breeds of scent hound.
- Leporids such as European rabbits and hares are a food meat in Europe, China, South America, North America, some parts of the Middle East.
- Though the bobcat prefers rabbits and hares, it hunts insects, chickens, mark its territorial boundaries, including claw marks and deposits of urine or feces.
- It's difficult to see rabbits and hares in a sentence .
- Once contact is made, rabbits and hares will often kick or try to bite the eagle but escape is unlikely once they are pinned to the ground.
- The family Leporidae ( rabbits and hares ) is easily the most significant prey group, comprising about 32 % of prey known to be taken by golden eagles.
- Game caused much damage to crops, and a persistent complaint among the rural population was not being allowed to kill rabbits and hares to defend crops and garden vegetables.
- Adult " T . serialis " are parasites of carnivores, particularly dogs, with herbivorous lagomorph mammals such as rabbits and hares, serving as intermediate hosts.
- Also, the extinction of " P . sardus " may be partly because of the transmission of pathogens by rabbits and hares introduced to Sardinia and Corsica by the Romans.
- In one diorama of rabbits, we learn : " If the snipped twigs look like they were cut with pruning shears close to the ground, they were eaten by rabbits and hares.
- The colonists arrived in America with nothing but good culinary feelings toward rabbit and hare, but no sooner had they cleared enough land to graze cattle than they changed their ways, largely for practical reasons.
- Now nearly barren, the hills are said to have been thickly covered in trees and thorny thickets, with lots of wild olive trees, and in this forest roamed dear, partridges, rabbits and hares.
- "P . sardus " became extinct on the islands of Sardinia and Corsica due to the introduction of new predators ( dogs, cats and small mustelids ) and ecological competitors ( rabbits and hares ).
- The UK government's response to the call for bans on hunting, notably rabbit and hare coursing, has historically been to show its support for the interests of farmers, according to political historian Michael Tichelar.
How can I put and write and define rabbits and hares in a sentence and how is the word rabbits and hares used in a sentence and examples? rabbits and hares造句, rabbits and hares造句, 用rabbits and hares造句, rabbits and hares meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.