conceptual schemes in a sentence
- In 1961, expectation of help ( a component of the placebo effect ), ( 2 ) the therapeutic relationship, ( 3 ) a rationale or conceptual scheme that explains the given symptoms and prescribes a given ritual or procedure for resolving them, and ( 4 ) the active participation of both patient and therapist in carrying out that ritual or procedure.
- The most important chapters-" What Is Said ", " There s More To Seeing Than Meets the Eye ", and " Something About Conceptual Schemes "-are about, in their various ways, how levels of abstraction are involved in understanding what people say, as with Ziff s famous example of someone saying that a cheetah can outrun a man.
- They intend to improve the clarity and bite of declarations of difference between conceptual schemes by enlarging the basis of literally translated and analysed texts from widely ( though never radically ) different intellectual cultures, and to make precise criteria of translation for classical Chinese, mainly through a detailed description in English of systematic recurrent semantic relations between Chinese words, especially distinctive semantic features.
- However, the philosopher Donald Davidson published a highly regarded essay in 1974, " On the Very Idea of a Conceptual Scheme " ( " Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association ", Vol . 47, ( 1973-1974 ), pp . 5 20 ) arguing that the notion that any languages or theories could be incommensurable with one another was itself incoherent.
- However, the philosopher Donald Davidson published a highly regarded essay in 1974, " " On the Very Idea of a Conceptual Scheme " " ( " Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association ", Vol . 47, ( 1973-1974 ), pp . 5 20 ) arguing that the notion that any languages or theories could be incommensurable with one another was itself incoherent.
- MacIntyre's account also defends three further theses : first, that all rational human inquiry is conducted whether knowingly or not from within a tradition; second, that the incommensurable conceptual schemes of rival traditions do not entail either relativism or perspectivism; third, that although the arguments of the book are themselves attempts at universally valid insights they are nevertheless given from within a particular tradition ( that of Thomist Aristotelianism ) and that this need not imply any philosophical inconsistency.
- It may be regarded as the general attempt to depict subjects as they are considered to exist in third person objective reality, without embellishment or interpretation and " in accordance with secular, empirical rules . " As such, the approach inherently implies a belief that such reality is ontologically independent of man's conceptual schemes, linguistic practices and beliefs, and thus can be known ( or knowable ) to the artist, who can in turn represent this'reality'faithfully.
- After graduating in 1961, he pursued postgraduate studies at Cornell University where he attended a seminar with the British philosopher and aesthetician Frank Sibley that he discovered how exciting aesthetics can be, how serious, rigorous philosophical thought can connect with real, real-world interests in the arts . He wrote his dissertation,'Conceptual Schemes : A Study of Linguistic Relativity and Related Philosophical Problems', with Sydney Shoemaker on philosophy of language, mind and metaphysics, and graduated in 1967 with a Ph . D.
- The external world, recognized as unamendable, and the relationship between conceptual schemes and sensory experience ( aesthetics, restored to its etymological meaning of " science of sensory perception ", acquires a primary significance see, in particular, Analogon rationis ( 1994 ), Estetica ( 1996, with other authors ), L immaginazione ( 1996 ), Experimentelle 膕thetik ( 2001 ) and Estetica razionale ( 1997 ) ) are the dominant themes of the second phase of Ferraris thought, which involves a re-reading of Kant through the naive physics of the perceptologist Paolo Bozzi ( see Il mondo esterno ( 2001 ) and Goodbye Kant ! ( 2004, forthcoming for SUNY Press ) ).
- Then it would read, " . . . length contraction is the phenomenon of an apparent decrease in length . . . " There is no question ( and I do not question ) that relatively speaking, as I said, different observers see different'worlds .'But also as said, " . . . relativity claims that there is no preferred frame of reference, that all are equally valid . " Realism states ( from Wiki's Philosophical realism section ) : . . . the belief that reality, or some aspect of it, is ontologically independent of our conceptual schemes, perceptions, linguistic practices, beliefs, etc . From The Free dictionary : b.
- It's difficult to see conceptual schemes in a sentence .
"conceptual rock" in a sentence, "conceptual role semantics" in a sentence, "conceptual schema" in a sentence, "conceptual schema design" in a sentence, "conceptual scheme" in a sentence, "conceptual semantics" in a sentence, "conceptual separability" in a sentence, "conceptual separation" in a sentence, "conceptual skill" in a sentence,
How can I put and write and define conceptual schemes in a sentence and how is the word conceptual schemes used in a sentence and examples? conceptual schemes造句, conceptual schemes造句, 用conceptual schemes造句, conceptual schemes meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.