hope in Chinese
[ həup ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "hope"Synonyms of "hope""hope" in a sentence"hope" meaning
past tense: hoped past participle: hoped plural: hopes present participle: hoping
- The holiday was better than was hoped for .
- I hope you won't forget me entirely .
- He hoped to obtain a passage to annam .
- They hope for a small diminution in taxes .
- I will hope that the storm may be weathered .
- I hope your friend comes here all right .
- She hopes to get a place in the civil service .
- I hope that you are consoled by this time .
- I hope to announce the winner shortly .
- He hoped i would not carry things to extremity .
- one of the three Christian virtues
- grounds for feeling hopeful about the future; "there is little or no promise that he will recover"
- a specific instance of feeling hopeful; "it revived their hope of winning the pennant"
- the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled; "in spite of his troubles he never gave up hope"
- someone (or something) on which expectations are centered; "he was their best hope for a victory"
- intend with some possibility of fulfilment; "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
Synonyms: go for,
- be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes; "I am still hoping that all will turn out well"
- expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
Synonyms: trust, desire,
"hope box" in Chinese, "white hope" in Chinese, "forlorn hope" in Chinese, "hopcalite catalyst" in Chinese, "hopcalite method" in Chinese, "hopcide" in Chinese, "hopcke" in Chinese, "hopcrofts holt" in Chinese, "hope (nozomi); planet-b" in Chinese, "hope (the north wind, )" in Chinese, "hope --- hopeless" in Chinese, "hope ; planet-b" in Chinese,