hook in Chinese
[ huk ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "hook"Synonyms of "hook""hook" in a sentence"hook" meaning
past tense: hooked past participle: hooked plural: hooks present participle: hooking
- My left arm shall hook you round the waist .
- My assent is given with a hook at the end .
- The punishment of the hook is nothing .
- He has already hooked up everything for us .
- You're to win by hook or by crook .
- Each sardine was hooked through both eyes .
- You're the fish i wanted to hook .
- She is completely hooked on the idea of a camping holiday .
- Take care ! fish is able to throw the hook ..
- You never have a dress before that hooked behind .
- a basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket
Synonyms: hook shot,
- a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent
- a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his hooking"
Synonyms: draw, hooking,
- a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something
- a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- a catch for locking a door
- anything that serves as an enticement
Synonyms: bait, come-on, lure, sweetener,
- a sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook
Synonyms: crotchet, Verb
- approach with an offer of sexual favors; "he was solicited by a prostitute"; "The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
Synonyms: solicit, accost,
- entice and trap; "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
- secure with the foot; "hook the ball"
- to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- fasten with a hook
- catch with a hook; "hook a fish"
- hit with a hook; "His opponent hooked him badly"
- hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle; "She sat there crocheting all day"
- make off with belongings of others
Synonyms: pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, sneak, filch, nobble, lift,
- rip off; ask an unreasonable price
Synonyms: overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob,
- take by theft; "Someone snitched my wallet!"
Synonyms: snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom,
"hooked" in Chinese, "hook up" in Chinese, "sheep hook" in Chinese, "sister hook" in Chinese, "screw hook" in Chinese, "pruning hook" in Chinese, "jump hook" in Chinese, "snap hook" in Chinese, "meat hooks" in Chinese, "hooi den huan" in Chinese, "hooibergite" in Chinese, "hooijdonk" in Chinese, "hooiron" in Chinese, "hooja" in Chinese, "hook -out blind" in Chinese, "hook a er" in Chinese, "hook a large fish" in Chinese, "hook accessories" in Chinese,