hint in Chinese
[ hint ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "hint"Synonyms of "hint"Use "hint" in a sentence
past tense: hinted past participle: hinted plural: hints present participle: hinting
- He was closemouthed and did n't drop a hint .
- This hint was enough to bind my hands .
- He hinted broadly that he might be late .
- He threw out hints of cowardice .
- He hinted vaguely that he might be late .
- He hinted about the purpose of his visit .
- Mrs. rushwouth civilly took a hint .
- Her grace was impervious to hints .
- Their first hint of trouble came in may 1985 .
- She hinted darkly at strange events .
- an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Synonyms: tip, lead, steer, confidential information, wind,
- a slight indication
- an indirect suggestion; "not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
Synonyms: intimation, breath,
- a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
Synonyms: trace, suggestion,
- a slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
Synonyms: touch, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon, Verb
- drop a hint; intimate by a hint