happen in Chinese
[ 'hæpən ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "happen"Use "happen" in a sentence
- Cheer up. the worst hasn't happened yet .
- We happened to arrive there in the rainy season .
- He must soon know what has happened .
- Nothing happened to shake their opinion .
- Croft was curious to see what happened .
- There is no saying what may happen .
- As it happens , i have left the book at home .
- Such a thing had never happened before .
- What he tells us is unlikely to happen .
- I shall be interested to know what happens .
- come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
Synonyms: hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place,
- come into being; become reality; "Her dream really materialized"
Synonyms: materialize, materialise,
- happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance; "It happens that today is my birthday"; "These things befell" (Santayana)
Synonyms: befall, bechance,
- come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
Synonyms: find, chance, bump, encounter,
- chance to be or do something, without intention or causation; "I happen to have just what you need!"