handsome in Chinese
[ 'hænsəm ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "handsome"Synonyms of "handsome"Use "handsome" in a sentence
- She made eyes at the handsome actor .
- The patriarch paid him a handsome price .
- Still he looked both handsome and superb .
- The handsomest flower is not the sweetest .
- Hurry is the handsomest mortal in the world .
- The captain considered this a handsome offer .
- Accept my thanks for your handsome present .
- How handsome he looks in his fine clothes .
- She makes eyes at all handsome men .
- He was a handsome reckless boy .
- pleasing in appearance especially by reason of conformity to ideals of form and proportion; "a fine-looking woman"; "a good-looking man"; "better-looking than her sister"; "very pretty but not so extraordinarily handsome"- Thackeray; "our southern women are well-favored"- Lillian Hellman
Synonyms: fine-looking, good-looking, better-looking, well-favored, well-favoured,
- given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday''s child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather"
Synonyms: big, bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, freehanded, giving, liberal, openhanded,