grain in Chinese
[ grein ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "grain"Synonyms of "grain""grain" in a sentence"grain" meaning
past tense: grained past participle: grained plural: grains present participle: graining
- Every family in our village has grain to spare .
- His statement must be taken with a grain of salt .
- The hen ate the grains of corn on the ground .
- There is n't a grain of truth in what he said ..
- Every single grain is the result of toil .
- In the output of grain , china is second to none .
- This army unit produces all its own food grain .
- The peasants store up the grain against famine .
- She had never met so fine a grain .
- There is a general decrease in grain size upward .
- the physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance); "breadfruit has the same texture as bread"; "sand of a fine grain"; "fish with a delicate flavor and texture"; "a stone of coarse grain"
- the direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
- the smallest possible unit of anything; "there was a grain of truth in what he said"; "he does not have a grain of sense"
- foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
Synonyms: food grain, cereal,
- a relatively small granular particle of a substance; "a grain of sand"; "a grain of sugar"
- a cereal grass; "wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas"
- dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
- 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
- 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
- a weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
Synonyms: metric grain,
- the side of leather from which the hair has been removed
- become granular
- form into grains
- paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
- thoroughly work in; "His hands were grained with dirt"
"grained" in Chinese, "grains" in Chinese, "scotch grain" in Chinese, "grain sorghum" in Chinese, "curly grains" in Chinese, "grain alcohol" in Chinese, "grain elevator" in Chinese, "grain rust" in Chinese, "grain side" in Chinese, "graillon" in Chinese, "graillot" in Chinese, "grailly" in Chinese, "graimont" in Chinese, "graimprey" in Chinese, "grain certificate" in Chinese, "grain drive" in Chinese, "grain (l04)" in Chinese, "grain administration of shanxi province" in Chinese,