gear in Chinese
[ giə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "gear"Synonyms of "gear""gear" in a sentence"gear" meaning
past tense: geared past participle: geared plural: gears present participle: gearing
- When a car is out of gear it cannot run .
- Put the gear lever in the neutral position .
- When the car is in gear it will move .
- Do not make the engine run fast when not in gear .
- The car started with a crashing of gears .
- Industry must be geared to wartime needs .
- They picked up the gear from the boat .
- They loaded their gear into the van .
- Pedrico is looking after the skiff and gear .
- How do you tell when to change gear ?
- a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
Synonyms: gear wheel, geared wheel, cogwheel,
- equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
Synonyms: paraphernalia, appurtenance,
- a mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
Synonyms: gear mechanism,
- wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed; "the fool got his tie caught in the geartrain"
Synonyms: gearing, geartrain, power train, train, Verb
- set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"