gauge in Chinese
[ gedʒ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "gauge"Use "gauge" in a sentence
past tense: gauged past participle: gauged plural: gauges present participle: gauging
- He picked up the calipers and gauged carefully .
- At this point the gauge pressure was read .
- It was difficult to gauge how people would respond .
- He looked at me, trying to gauge my reaction .
- I gauged that it was not a good moment to speak to her .
- The gauge is firmly fixed to a part of the structure .
- Gauges are used for finding out the exact thickness of a wire .
- The physical origin of the gauge transformation is a mystery .
- Modern gauges consist of metal foil in the form of a grid .
- With no clocks and no daylight it was hard to gauge the time .
- a measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
- diameter of a tube or gun barrel
Synonyms: bore, caliber, calibre,
- the thickness of wire
- the distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
- accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
Synonyms: standard of measurement, Verb
- mix in specific proportions; "gauge plaster"
- adapt to a specified measurement; "gauge the instruments"
- measure precisely and against a standard; "the wire is gauged"
- judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
Synonyms: estimate, approximate, guess, judge,
- determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation; "gauge the wine barrels"
- rub to a uniform size; "gauge bricks"
"gauging" in Chinese, "gauge group" in Chinese, "gauge lath" in Chinese, "gauge pressure" in Chinese, "gauge line" in Chinese, "gauge length" in Chinese, "rain gauge" in Chinese, "draft gauge" in Chinese, "broad gauge" in Chinese, "gaufré satin" in Chinese, "gaufré silk" in Chinese, "gaugain" in Chinese, "gaugamela" in Chinese, "gaugant" in Chinese, "gauge (= gage)" in Chinese, "gauge (gage) pressure" in Chinese, "gauge (or gage)" in Chinese, "gauge a ship" in Chinese,