gate in Chinese
[ geit ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "gate"Use "gate" in a sentence
past tense: gated past participle: gated plural: gates present participle: gating
- The gate where he was leaning grew grey .
- We came to a hedge with a gate in it .
- I noticed him in the garden near the gate .
- I guess his girl has given him the gate .
- They bodyguarded her all the way to the gate .
- The crowd was swarming out through the gates .
- The gate squeaked, mrs. wyburd had gone .
- Steel gate is replaced by neoprene guides .
- One must stand clear of the gates of a lift .
- The iron gate was pulled to with a clang .
- a movable barrier in a fence or wall
- a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs
Synonyms: logic gate,
- passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark
- total admission receipts at a sports event
- restrict (school boys'') movement to the dormitory or campus as a means of punishment
- control with a valve or other device that functions like a gate
- supply with a gate; "The house was gated"
"gates" in Chinese, "late gate" in Chinese, "gate meeting" in Chinese, "kissing gate" in Chinese, "equivalence gate" in Chinese, "gated community" in Chinese, "water gate" in Chinese, "head gate" in Chinese, "gate tower" in Chinese, "gatchellville" in Chinese, "gatchenko" in Chinese, "gatchin" in Chinese, "gatchina" in Chinese, "gatco" in Chinese, "gate agitator" in Chinese, "gate (or guillotin) shear" in Chinese, "gate (sports on snow)" in Chinese, "gate a20failure" in Chinese,