front in Chinese
[ frʌnt ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "front"Synonyms of "front""front" in a sentence"front" meaning
past tense: fronted past participle: fronted plural: fronts present participle: fronting
- A girl slouched in front of her .
- The bus stops right in front of our house .
- Arch ran around the house to the front yard .
- I stopped in front of the villa rossa .
- The procession passed right by my front door .
- Yvonne curled up on the rug in front .
- This is the back , and that is the front .
- That is the latest news from the front .
- He could still preserve a bold front .
- They keep the front room for visitors .
- relating to or located in the front; "the front lines"; "the front porch"
- confront bodily; "breast the storm"
- be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to; "The house looks north"; "My backyard look onto the pond"; "The building faces the park"
Synonyms: look, face, Noun
- the side that is seen or that goes first
- the outward appearance of a person; "he put up a bold front"
- a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals; "he was a charter member of the movement"; "politicians have to respect a mass movement"; "he led the national liberation front"
Synonyms: movement, social movement,
- the side that is forward or prominent
Synonyms: front end, forepart,
- the line along which opposing armies face each other
Synonyms: battlefront, front line,
- the part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer; "he walked to the front of the stage"
- the immediate proximity of someone or something; "she blushed in his presence"; "he sensed the presence of danger"; "he was well behaved in front of company"
- a person used as a cover for some questionable activity
Synonyms: front man, figurehead, nominal head, straw man, strawman,
- (meteorology) the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses
- a sphere of activity involving effort; "the Japanese were active last week on the diplomatic front"; "they advertise on many different fronts"
"polar front" in Chinese, "shock front" in Chinese, "front office" in Chinese, "battle front" in Chinese, "wave front" in Chinese, "front lash" in Chinese, "front money" in Chinese, "front man" in Chinese, "false front" in Chinese, "frons anterior" in Chinese, "fronsac" in Chinese, "fronsacq" in Chinese, "fronshtein" in Chinese, "fronstin" in Chinese, "front (rear) nodal point of lens" in Chinese, "front (soviet army)" in Chinese, "front abdominal pose with legs" in Chinese, "front abutment pressure" in Chinese,